Fort Collins, CO
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer candidate must be knowledgeable and experienced as a Quality Assurance Engineer for UI and Server based application software testing; having experience both creating and maintaining software test scripts. Candidate must also have a working knowledge of software engineering concepts such as software development standards, quality assurance standards, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), interpretation of product requirements, test plan and test case development, testing of software functionality, product installation, performance, load, and usability (508 compliance experience a plus) testing.
- 7 plus years with Quality Assurance testing.
- Experience in white box testing of RESTful APIs, SOAP APIs, and/or web services.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with functional, system, regression, and integration testing.
- Experience developing test plans and test cases from requirements/user stories.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and report status.
- Ability to document QA procedures for the team.
- Proven experience in test planning (including data planning), test scheduling, and test evaluation.
- Management of defects within a corporate defect tracking system
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira and Confluence) is preferred
- Experience with test management tools. HPE ALM is preferred
- Database, UI, XML and XSLT experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Git, DevOps and Continuous Integration tools is preferred
- Java programming (general and component-based UI) is preferred
- Experience with Debugging and working with log files is preferred
- Java / Java EE web application development.
- Server-side scripting (Bash shell).
- Relational database familiarity (Oracle preferred)
- XML, WSDL, JSON, HTML
- Strong desire to learn customer business processes.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field (preferred)
- Ability to attain Federal Government Position of Trust