- Working with a Docker containerized stack (Kuberneties/OpenShift), that contains both PostgreSQL (EDB) and MongoDB database clusters (OLTP and OLAP). Experience with mission critical financial applications is a benefit.
- Improving the performance, reliability, and architecture of the database clusters.
- Design, implement, and maintain PostgreSQL database clusters.
- Working within a matrix-based organization across multiple Scrum teams to perform the following tasks:
- Architect redundancy in the system to minimize Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Provide data recovery systems and tools to minimize Mean Time to Recover (MTTR)
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop deployment and maintenance automation for existing and new services
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems with the database, network, storage, servers and underlying VMware hosts
- Assist with scheme migrations, currently using FlywayDB
- PostgresSQL (EnterpriseDB)
- NoSQL (MongoDB)
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Bitbucket (GIT)
- Linux (RHEL)
- Scripting/development skills (Python and BASH)Additional Skills
- Hibernate ORM
- Splunk or ELK
- Nexus – Artifact Repository
- Windows server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server
- App Detective
- Cloud based services (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Database Performance Monitoring: SolarWinds DPA, Quest, Idera Qualifications
- Fully embrace DevOps culture, eliminate barriers and bridge moats
- Government or large organization experience
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing work and closing out tickets in a timely mannerEducation
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar preferred.