- Focus on business logic and process flows, working on the design and development of business logic, process models/flows and UI screens to implement in a BPM (Business Process Management)-based system
- Work closely with Business Analyst to investigate customers’ requirements, prototype business solutions, and validate user story acceptance criteria.
- Consume web service interfaces and work closely with business analysts, quality assurance and fellow developers in a technical delivery role
- Unit testing, technical problem determination and debugging
- Manaqe daily work in the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo)
- Coordinate with DevOps team members to ensure timely and reliable releases to customer
- Enterprise App development, with some using BPM frameworks and/or Enterprise Java (JEE)
- Agile development / Scrum
- Strong technical communication skills (some client-facing)
- Documenting work and issues
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Customer service oriented
- Detail oriented across multiple different teams, while keeping in mind the larger picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable, dependable and independent
- Using one or more Appian add-on tools, such as Expression Unit Tests, Deployment Automation Manager, FitNesse test creation, SAIL UI and Smart Services.
- Database, UI, XML and XSLT experience. Understanding and hands-on experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- DB, UI, XML and XSLT experience.
- Experience in Java EE software design, implementation, and deployment. Experience with JavaEE App Servers such as JBoss EAP and / or Oracle WebLogic.
- Knowledge of GIT and DevOps tooling.
- Web Services (RESTful, SOAP, JSon) and ESBs.
- DoD or federal government projects.
- Business Rules Concepts/Engines.
- Debug and work with log files.
- Familiarity with business process development and UML
- BPM development
- Java / Java EE web application development
- General Java and JavaEE programming experience
- Java IDE (Eclipse, JBuilder, IntelliJ, etc.)
- Enterprise app server stand-up and configuration (JBoss EAP)
- Familiarity with PaaS / cloud hosting environments
- Server-side scripting (Python, bash shell, NodeJS, etc.)
- Some database experience, including light admin, relational DB familiarity; (Oracle preferred)
- XML, WSDL, JSON, HTML, CSS
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field